Medical Assistant, Triage
The Triage Medical Assistant is part of the interdisciplinary patient centered medical home and serves as the primary point of contact for patients that call in with medical questions or seeking medical advice. The Triage Nurse will be responsible for prioritizing patient needs and referring the patient to the appropriate level of care to ensure an optimal outcome. This position requires comprehensive assessment skills that utilize evidence based guidelines and a proven ability to critically analyze information for successful completion of the decision making process. The Triage Medical Assistant will embrace this approach as part of the organization’s culture.
· Collects subjective data related to the presenting problem and obtains an appropriate medical history when the patients present to the office in person or via telephone.
· Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills, recognizes and matches symptoms to protocol, assigning medical acuity and ensuring safe, timely disposition of calls received. Documents encounter and decision making in electronic medical record in a concise and accurate manner, utilizing the patient’s own words as appropriate. Effectively communicates with the patient based on patient’s level of understanding and comprehension. This ensures that the caller comprehends health information and clinical advice in order to make informed healthcare decisions.
· Possess knowledge of the teaching principles of health care information to pediatric, adult, and geriatric populations.
· Demonstrate excellent organizational and multitasking skills in order to think critically, listen, communicate, and document simultaneously.
· Navigate computer programs to assess, educate, and document all information in a professional and accurate manner.
· Demonstrate knowledge and use of the clinical process to identify physical, psychosocial, and developmental needs and interventions to promote favorable outcomes.
· Participate in staff meetings, in-services, and continuing education opportunities.
· Adheres to organizational and departmental policies, procedures, and established best practices
· Direct patient care including but not limited to rooming patients, venipuncture, and medication administration.
· Demonstrates compassion and empathy to their patients with a strong customer oriented focus.
· Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
· Other duties as assigned –by direct supervisor.
· If necessary, the MA will schedule and/or provide patient follow up as directed, including but not limited to delivering test results direction from providers.
· Calls in provider authorized prescriptions, utilizing standing order guidelines.
· Participates in data collection for quality control and quality assurance.
· Diploma: Medical Assistant
· Will be required to obtain/maintain BLS.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILLS
· Full use of acceptable Medical terminology (both spoken and approved written abbreviations).
· Typing and computer skills required for automated computer and medical work environment systems.
· Familiarity with electronic medical record systems
· Must be able to meet essential job functions.
· Experience and passion for working with an underserved population of patients.
Location: Plantation, FL
Position: Medical Assistant, Pediatric Triage
Salary: $14 – $16
Bilingual: Spanish Required
At iDEAL PERSONNEL, our goal is to connect businesses with high performing employees.
We provide you access to our unique network of highly qualified candidates to find the iDEAL match for your business’ staffing goals.