Position: Insurance Verification Representative – REMOTE
This role will serve to support day to day insurance verification activities. Insurance verification is an essential part of our Revenue Cycle process and has a heavy impact on claims processing and payment. It is critical to gain accurate information on coverage details from insurance payers to ensure a successful insurance flow from representative to collection of payment.
• Responsible for validating insurance coverage information for the patient in their quest to access medical care.
• Contact private insurance companies where patients have accounts, Medicare, and Medicaid, to verify and obtain information concerning insurance benefits to determine coverage vs. out-of-pocket costs
• Determine if patients’ insurance is compatible with their company’s health-care programs or not, and if it does, they work with the patient in getting maximum benefits from the program
• Update and file medical records and insurance reports
• Data Entry
• Answer phones
• One or two years of experience working in a hospital admission, doctors office, pharmacy or billing setting
• Have working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 code sets
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Social perceptiveness and service-oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
Education: High school diploma
1 to 2 years of Medical experience in customer focus and/or related clinical environment; Good Verbal Communication, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Medical Teamwork. Knowledge with insurance verification, electronic medical records, insurance terminology, and medical office processes required.
At iDEAL PERSONNEL, our goal is to connect businesses with high performing employees.
We provide you access to our unique network of highly qualified candidates to find the iDEAL match for your business’ staffing goals.