The Privacy Manager will facilitate and ensure compliance with federal and state laws related to the compliance driven issues for Health Plan member privacy, protection and security. Additionally, will assist each division in maintaining a privacy program at all levels within the organization.
This person will lead investigations, as well as intake information in enterprise risk systems to create data risk-based models to identify and manage enterprise risk. Utilizes expertise to acquire, manage, and analyze data and report results. Creates tracking mechanisms and tools for department staff and enterprise to manage privacy risk.
· Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on all complaints regarding potential breaches of health information.
· Investigates compliance issues as necessary.
· Completes or assists in the completion of privacy risk assessments and related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with Company's other compliance and operational assessment functions.
· Oversees, directs, develops, delivers, and ensures delivery of privacy training to all employees, professional staff, contractors, alliances, business associates, and other appropriate third parties per Company policies and procedures.
· Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and accreditation standards; monitors advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance and updates policies and procedures to reflect this information.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration or related healthcare discipline required
· Certification in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) required
· 3+ years of experience reading and interpreting regulations or equivalent healthcare experience
· 3+ years in healthcare compliance/privacy compliance
· Knowledge of HIPAA & HITECH requirements and information privacy laws
· Must have strong and demonstrated facilitation, communication, and presentation skills
· Experience in developing and conducting training programs and presentations
· Medical, Dental & Vision plan offerings to include Telehealth Service
· 401(k) and Roth 401(k) Plans with company match
· Company paid Life Insurance with the option to purchase additional Voluntary Life coverage for yourself and your dependents
· Short & Long-Term disability benefits available
· Company engagement activities to include wellness-sponsored events are a part of our inclusive and diverse culture
Title: Privacy Manager
Location: Remote- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Pay: Salary Based on experience
At iDEAL PERSONNEL, our goal is to connect businesses with high performing employees.
We provide you access to our unique network of highly qualified candidates to find the iDEAL match for your business’ staffing goals.