2020 will forever be remembered as – The Year of the Quarantine.
Most of us have settled into this new normal and while we don’t like it we are accepting that for the time being, it is what it is.
But eventually, we will settle back into a NEW NORMAL, once again.
This will be welcomed.
But change has already occurred and while the dust will settle it will settle differently.
So what can businesses do NOW to prepare for the aftermath?
Here are a few tips that may help:
1. Create a vision of what the months ahead will look like.
Leadership, we are looking at you!
Do your best to create a clear picture of what is expected from staff in the months ahead and make decisions on what will happen once staff is welcomed back into the building.
Share that vision with the team and discuss the plan of action.
2. Be patient, empathetic and offer support.
Now is a great time to build on your work culture. Create a new work culture that is based on stability, trust, compassion, and hope.
Employees will want to feel supported as they enter back and this will be crucial to avoid more turnover.
3. If you had to furlough or layoff employees due to the pandemic, you need to start thinking about how you will re-staff when business resumes.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Will you bring back the same employees?
- Will you hire new employees?
- Will you include a combination of both?
Whatever is chosen, make sure you follow employment laws and reach out for support.
Skilled talent recruitment teams will be essential to you during this time.
Ensure you have a 5 star team to rebuild and don;t be afraid to ask for support when needed.