5 Tips to Improve The Job Hunt
It was not so long ago, that you would pick up the morning news paper and scan the classifieds for available job openings in your area. It was the obvious place to search.
Oh, how times have changed.
The emergence of online sources like Monster and Careerbuilder paved the way for the birth of more job search engines and the near end of employers hard printing job ads.
Anyone out there checking on a search engine for job openings, possibly regularly? While it is a good start, it can’t be the only place you are checking. Many of us get married to one search engine and are reluctant to look for openings anywhere else. This is a mistake. If you want to increase the chances that you will land that dream job, you must HUNT SMARTER!
Here are 5 Tips to improve the hunt.
- Get connected with a Talent Recruitment Agency: Many recruitment agencies (like iDEAL Personnel) post job openings on their internal website and have direct access to hundreds of open positions. Don’t miss out on a golden opportunity to find your dream job and get familiar with the local talent recruiters!
- Post your resume! Don’t just leave it to chance, make yourself accessible. This will increase your chances of getting discovered.
- Create a candidate profile. Linkedin has become a top site for Employers seeking job candidates, but that’s not the only place their looking. If your serious about your search take to the social media boards. Remember if you are using social media, your profile becomes part of your resume, so make sure your profile picture and everything else associated with your page reflects the best you!
- Sign up for job alerts! The dream jobs don’t stay on the market for long.
- Network! Meet new people, stay in touch with people you know, and grow your connections in your industry. This is key to landing that dream position.
Lastly remember to stay focused! Always have your goal in mind and keep moving toward it.
Best of luck job seekers. May the odds be ever in your favor!