Works under the clinical supervision of the practice physician(s) and office manager, and is responsible for assisting the physicians in the practice. Communicates regularly with patients and may work with a variety of medical specialties. Demonstrates sufficient knowledge and skills to independently perform primary duties in the office clinic. Mission of service is excellence in providing professional, compassionate and friendly service to our patients and physicians.
The fundamental job duties of the position. A job function may be considered essential because the reason the position exists is to perform that function, there are a limited number of employees available among whom the performance of that job function can be distributed, and/or the function may be highly specialized. Evidence of whether a particular function is essential includes, but is not limited to, the amount of time spent on the job performing the function and the consequences of not requiring the incumbent to perform the function.
- Responsible for assisting physician(s) by triaging patients, obtaining vitals and obtaining all medical information as requested by physician.
- Triages all patient phone calls. Calls the pharmacy on behalf of the physician with patient medication instructions and requests.
- Helps determine the urgency of the patient's condition when there is not an available appointment to see the patient.
- Contacts patient per request of physician to inform patient about results, diagnosis and follow-up treatment as directed by the physician.
- Completes clinical information on various patient forms and obtains physician signature. Completes all necessary documentation in electronic medical record.
- Follows proper verification and authorization processes to avoid claim denials. Documents application and patient record as necessary.
- Assists the physician and practice manager in patient scheduling and rescheduling.
- Prepares and cleans examination rooms for the patients ensuring that the rooms are fully stocked with all medical supplies needed. Advises supervisor when supplies need to be ordered to ensure proper stock levels.
- Performs various clinical procedures such as Phlebotomy and EKG and preparation of injections as ordered by physician.
- Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate.
- Coordinates testing as requested by the physician.
- Returns patient calls in a timely manner. Relays appropriate information quickly, accurately, and courteously.
- Follows up with patient care issues and brings to physician's attention as needed.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and practice manager. Notifies Practice Manager or designated leader of any insurance ineligibility issues.
- Identifies problems arising through complaints or observations and directs them to the appropriate individual.
- Works as a team player to assist co-workers. Responsible to have working knowledge of all staff positions to substitute as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in at least 75% of scheduled staff meetings.
Position: Medical Assistant
Location: Bonita Springs, with an occasional float to a Naples location as needed
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM
iDEAL PERSONNEL has been recognized as a leader in the staffing world and awarded
one of the fastest growing employment agencies in the country.