Billing/Accounts Receivable Clerk
This team member will be responsible for the preparation, generation, and submission of invoices on a daily basis. This team member will also provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control.
• Enters pertinent information relating to signed contracts and/or signed work orders into Company’s enterprise system.
• Reviews customer contracts to ensure that all parts and services are properly priced and/or marked up.
• Prepares, generates, and submit invoices, verifying and correcting coding as needed.
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Monitors customer account details for non?payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
• Generates and reviews age analysis.
• Maintains a list of current work orders status to be sent to upper management weekly.
• Researches and resolves clients’ billing discrepancies and answer customer queries. • Communicates with customers via phone or email.
• Reconciles the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and are properly recorded
• Sets up and maintains accounts receivable customer files and records. • Assist with month?end closing.
• Collect data and prepare monthly metrics.
• Support the Accounting Department with other business activities as needed and requested by the VP Finance.
• Endeavor to be a positive example at all times; through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION:
Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent; Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance and Administration preferred. .
Minimum 2 Years Experience .
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Basic knowledge of accounting principles related to accounts payables including payment reconciliation, account code structure, internal controls and purchase order and accrual accounting.
• Must be extremely accurate and detail oriented with good data entry skills in order to enter invoice information in accounting system in an accurate and timely manner.
• Good math and analytical aptitude is desired in order to calculate appropriate taxes, prepare reports, and reconcile vendor statements with invoices received and to analyze discrepancies between invoices purchase orders/receipts of merchandise.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to interact with vendors and staff from various departments.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Good organizational skills in order to prioritize work and meet different deadlines.
• Excellent customer service skills in order to interact with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
Position: Billing/Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: Miami, FL
Schedule: M-F 8 am – 5 pm
Salary: $17-$18 HR
Requirement: Proficient in MS Office
Bilingual: Not required, preferred
Preference: BA Degree
iDEAL PERSONNEL has been recognized as a leader in the staffing world and awarded
one of the fastest growing employment agencies in the country.